Invisalign®: You Have Questions, We Have Answers
You may have always dreamed about having straight teeth, but the idea of wearing unsightly metal braces has never been an unappealing option. Did you know that there is a clear alternative to metal braces? One that everyone you meet will not even realize you are wearing. Read on to learn how you can transform your smile almost invisibly! Dr. da Costa of Harmony Dental in Beaverton, OR answers some FAQs regarding these clear aligners.
What is Invisalign®?
Invisalign® is a modern approach to getting your teeth straight. We create custom-fitting, clear plastic trays that are fabricated for your exact smile. Wearing the trays gently moves your teeth to the desired position. Each tray moves your teeth a little bit. You usually get a new set of trays every 2-3 weeks that gradually move your teeth more and more.
What are the advantages of Invisalign®?
- Clear aligners are much less noticeable, and to most, practically invisible.
- You can remove the trays whenever you want to eat and brush.
- Fewer appointments. Visits are usually every month to a month and a half.
- The aligner trays are comfortable to wear.
- Invisalign® is safe for young teenagers as well as for adults.
- You can always remove the trays for pictures on special occasions such as weddings or graduation parties.
The practically invisible plastic aligners are customized to fit your smile and gradually straighten your teeth at about the same cost as traditional braces, but only takes about half.
Creating a beautiful smile doesn’t have to be uncomfortable or embarrassing any long with Invisalign®. Give us a call today at (503)639-6900 for more information or you can contact us online. We look forward to hearing from you soon!