Beaverton Dental Implants
What are Dental Implants?
Beaverton dental implants have become the “gold standard” for replacing one or more missing teeth. Why? An implant doesn’t just fill up space, it mimics the functional anatomy of your real teeth. The metal post of an implant replaces the missing tooth root by integrating fully with the jawbone. As a result, it becomes a very sturdy foundation for a beautiful, new crown.
No other dental treatment for missing teeth will look, feel, or function like your real teeth!
A dental implant consists of three important parts:
Benefits of Dental Implants
Here are some the outstanding benefits of dental implants that our patients love!
Other treatments for missing teeth can require removing healthy enamel from surrounding teeth. Dental implants will not negatively impact other teeth.
Why Choose Harmony Dental For Dental Implants?
You'll feel cared for like you never have before!
When you visit a doctor, you want to feel your care is in the best hands possible, right? Harmony Dental has an outstanding team of dental professionals trained in the latest procedures and using the most effective technologies available to give you first-class treatment.
As a member of the prestigious American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry and the American Dental Association, Dr. da Costa has the training and education needed to perform all aspects of your implant treatment from start to finish. He places the implant surgically, does the follow-up care, then places the crown.
But our team knows that while skill is important, it must be backed up by compassionate care to be genuinely satisfying for our patients. Personalized, committed care is the hallmark of the team at Harmony Dental. We want you to feel at home during every visit, and every member of our team is dedicated to accomplishing that!
‘‘I just had the kindest, easiest appointment, where I found out that, yes, I need to deal with a few things, but it's WAY better than I expected. If you can, go see Dr. Bruno da Costa and his team at Harmony Dental. They are AMAZEBALLS!’’
- Colleen B., Facebook Review
‘‘If you're looking for a fantastic dentist, who employs amazing team members who are both professional and friendly, then Harmony Dental should be your first choice. Simply said... they are superb!’’
-Pat H., Google Review
‘‘Great service and professional standards. Even unpleasant procedures such as root canals are handled with a minimum of discomfort. Highly recommend.’’
-Tanya B., Facebook Review
FAQs About Beaverton Dental Implants
- Who can get a dental implant?Almost anyone who has missing teeth. It’s an excellent option for adults who have healthy bone and gum tissue to support an implant. Dental implants are also a smart option for children who have lost permanent teeth due to injury or accident. Once a child’s facial growth is complete, an implant can be placed, around age 16 for girls and age 18 for boys. Our Beaverton dentist, Dr. da Costa, will perform a thorough examination and let you know if implants are the right treatment for you.
- Are dental implants safe?Yes. Unlike bridges or dentures, implants do not encourage bone loss. Instead, they stimulate bone regeneration. And unlike your real teeth, implants are made from materials that do not decay or deteriorate.
- How do you handle any pain during treatment?Most implant surgeries will take from approx. 60 to 90 minutes. The recuperation time is very short and the discomfort is minimal. If you’re experiencing pain after treatment it can easily be cared for with medication. Often, our patients go back to work and resume their normal activities the day after their procedure.
For our patients who deal with dental anxiety, we provide sedation therapy that allows you to have your treatment while you are in a state of relaxed consciousness. We promise to hold your hand throughout your treatment and help you each step of the way!
- Do dental implants require any special care?Dental implants are cared for the same way you care for your natural teeth. While the material of your dental crown will not decay, it is essential to keep the gums surrounding your implant healthy. A good routine of brushing and flossing and seeing your dentist at scheduled visits will keep your implants healthy and functional for decades.
To learn about the specific care a dental implant requires, click here!